What is Homoeopathy?
Homoeopathy is a safe and effective form of natural medicine Homoeopaths believe that the mind and body operate as one and therefore homeopathic treatment is holistic, treating the mental, emotional and physical aspects of illness. Using “the law of similar” homoeopaths believe that a substance that can cause a disease can also relieve it, for example; coffee can cause insomnia. Coffee may be used in minute homeopathic doses to relieve that insomnia.
Homeopathic remedies are not tested on animals.
Homoeopathy is a non-invasive, non-addictive form of treatment that is individual to you. The remedies prescribed are not targeted at the symptoms, this is our body’s way of attempting to restore balance however uncomfortable, they are used to stimulate the body’s own healing capacity to cure the source of the problem.
During your first appointment you will be asked about many aspects of your life as well as your current health problem. This is to establish an accurate picture of your condition. A remedy will be chosen that most closely matches your unique pattern of symptoms and any nutritional and lifestyle changes will be discussed with you.
Patients often feel a sense of well-being, optimism and relaxation after taking their homeopathic remedy. The speed with which you begin to feel the effects of your remedy will depend upon the condition being treated and your own vitality.
When is Homoeopathy used?
- Homoeopathy is suitable for everyone including, babies, pregnant women and the elderly.
- Homeopathic treatment can work effectively along side conventional medicine.
- First aid or emergencies – Helps to speed up the natural healing process for insect bites, broken bones, sprains, bruises, minor burns, tooth extraction…
- Acute illness – Helps to speed recovery from illness that will pass in time e.g. colds, flu and coughs…
- Chronic illness – Stimulates the natural healing potential to overcome the effects of auto-immune diseases, allergies, chronic fatigue, skin conditions, arthritis, depression…
- Personal development – When a patient has a goal to improve his or her general well-being and reduce susceptibility to illness.
Why is Nutritional Therapy So Important?
We really are what we eat. On the physical level all parts of our bodies are built from ingredients either our mothers ate while we were growing inside her, or we ourselves have eaten during our life. Although some cells in the body do exist from birth it is likely that all the cells get replaced as life goes on. So our own state of nutrition is of vital importance to keep our bodies in good shape and improving our nutrition will always begin to improve health, including in our so called permanent cells.
Want more information?
If you would like further information on Homoeopathy and how it could help you or to book a consultation please contact Dawn Wilding on 01449 677 231